5 Quick Ways to Increase Member Engagement
More than 90% of people want to know their health costs before getting service. Unfortunately, only 2% of people are actually using their health plans’ cost estimator tools. There is clearly a disconnect, and much of the issue comes down to communication and engagement.
To kick off a thoughtful, data-driven and targeted approach to increasing member adoption of digital tools, give these simple strategies a try (and download our white paper for even more insights to inform your approach):
- Start segmenting (somehow). Even for plans without advanced data analytics capabilities, there are still opportunities to group members by simple demographic characteristics—like age, gender and geography.
- Communicate early and often. Data shows that members appreciate frequent outreach to remind them about these tools and their value.
- Make sure tools are in the right place. Of course, members must know how to find a plan’s tool, understand what it does, and how to use it. This can be as easy as using the right tool name and displaying links to it prominently on portals and websites.
- Beef up email outreach. Research shows that ongoing communication—especially via email—is proven for keeping tools top of mind for members.
- Leverage existing relationships. Plans have an opportunity to leverage their members’ relationship with employers or providers to promote a better understanding of tool value.
To learn more about any of the member experience data and best practices described in this document, or for more quick-win tips, reach out to talk to one of our experts!